(Clearly this won’t be a completely regular weekly feature. But still! There are great things in the world, and I have to share them with the internet.)
- Manic Pixie Prostitute (“I wrote you a song on this…midget guitar!” Well done, GP, who sent me this link on my first day back at work in 2013.)
- Downton Abbey merch on Fab! And just in time for season 3 to start, if you haven’t already caught it through a generous friend’s Dropbox.
- Julep’s Maven program. I love me some nail polish (and am toying with the idea of a more “polished” 2013– as in more regular self-manicures, as my collection grows), and I love getting my monthly supply of invariably awesome shades.
- New noise-canceling headphones, which are a godsend at work, as they make it clear that I’m wearing headphones (when I would wear earbuds, people would come to my cube and just start talking as I yanked them out of my ears) and allow me to successfully ignore 90% of the conversations that filter into my workspace (you have offices! Go talk in there!). I’m sure they’ll come in handy on our upcoming trip to Hong Kong and Thailand, too.
- A shrimp succotash dinner, which was a wonderfully fresh way to ease out of the overindulgence of December. Yes, it will be better in the summer when produce is more abundant and actually in season, but we still wolfed it down.
- A new calendar, sitting pretty on my office wall (discontinued online, but found in a Japantown stationery shop). Ahh, letterpress.
What’s making you happy during this first week of 2013?