Oh, 2012, you kicked my ass. Maybe it was just these last three months in particular (because it’s never all bad, is it?), but I won’t be sad to see you go. Tonight I will enjoy the company of my husband, friends, and plenty of champagne as we bid good riddance to this year in one of my favorite places. (That’s the view from our bedroom– not too shabby, right?) A good friends reminded me not to challenge the universe, but I have to say that I feel like 2013 has to be better. Happy new year to all of you– may you all enjoy a year full of love and joy and adventure.
Monthly Archives: December 2012
- My brother and his girlfriend gave me this blanket for my birthday, and I would like to remain shrouded in it for the entirety of winter, thankyouverymuch.
- Basically every episode of Parenthood makes me cry (crying is one of my hobbies, didn’t you know?), but whew, this week’s really did me in.
- Our annual holiday cocktail party was last weekend. I made several standbys, including Ina Garten’s gougeres (at this point, there would be a revolt if I didn’t include them in a gathering), and a few new recipes that were well-received, including spiced-chocolate cupcakes (with eggnog buttercream!) and these chocolate-peppermint crinkles.
- I feel irrationally affectionate toward GP’s seasonal beard (hello, my husband is adorable. Look at him!), and Whoorl’s Beard Porn Pinterest board is exactly my cup of tea.
- In case there was any doubt about this, the best Christmas album is by the Barenaked Ladies. I love single holiday songs by other artists more, but no other entire album really does it for me like this one.
- I’m chipping away at my 30 Before 30 (about time, now that I’m officially in my 30th year), so I’ll be posting updates about that. Get excited! (DO IT.)