One of my favorite podcasts (that makes me happy just about every week), ends with this segment every time, and I think it’s a nice cherry-on-top-of-your-Friday to be able to reflect on the things that got you through the preceding week. Here are mine– leave yours in the comments!
- Eating like a human after a vacation spent largely in amusement parks. While there was a delicious Greek meal in Niagara Falls, as well as a wonderful stop at a bistro in Toronto, most of our eating was comprised of food-themed products as opposed to Actual Food. Yes, I like Chick-Fil-A (despite having pretty strong political differences with them), but this lady can only take so much Fried.
- Ripening fruit in our yard. Right now, we’ve got some apricots, plums, figs, and the ever-present lemons. There’s also a mystery fruit tree about halfway down our driveway– I’ll have to post a picture, because I haven’t a clue what’s growing on it.
- Caving in and finally paying for an app on my phone: Plants vs. Zombies. I was morally against paying for apps in the beginning (lo those
manytwo months ago), but I have a problem, and its name is Plants vs. Zombies. Basically, $2.99 = hours and hours of enjoyment. WORTH IT.
- A couple new Baggu bags that came with a Birchbox purchase (a new brush, Klorane dry shampoo, and Avene face wash, if you’re curious). Baggu was the first type of reusable bag that I owned, and they hold up so well. When Birchbox announced that they would be including them in all $60+ orders, I couldn’t resist. I’m not made of stone, y’all.
- Brave comes out today! I am trying to temper my excitement, as I don’t expect this to be quite as transcendent as and of the Toy Story movies, but I can’t help but feel eager about Pixar’s latest. Because we
are elderly don’t like paying a lot to see moviesare relatively early risers on the weekends, we’ll probably end up seeing it Saturday or Sunday morning. Movie theater popcorn is a healthy breakfast, right? Whole grains and all.