1. Why do we have to work and go to school during March Madness? It seems that we would all be happier if we were allowed to just sit on the couch in our pajamas, switching between games and episodes of Unwrapped on the DVR. What, just me?
2. Constantly having a hair elastic around my wrist and taking off my ring when I wash my hands are now habits. The elastic thing is immensely helpful when I get impatient with my hair (gah, there is so much of it!), but I am probably going to be sorry about the ring habit. Every time I slip it into my pocket for handwashing time, I can just envision dropping it on the floor of whatever gross public restroom I’m in. But…is that better or worse than having it slip off my finger and go down the drain?
3. I have spring break next week, but it means very little to me– I still have to go to work and my internship, so really I’m just getting a few free hours. Definitely not as exciting as undergrad spring break.
4. I had never heard the phrase “If you have to eat a frog, don’t spend a lot of time looking at it. If you have to eat more than one, eat the big one first,” until it came up when I was teaching a Study Skills class last week and it seemed a perfectly apt metaphor for procrastination avoidance. This probably doesn’t mean that I am going to become someone who follows through on all the elaborate plans she makes, but at least I have that saying in my head.
5. I currently have five pairs of shoes hanging around the living room, the way I always do. Much to GP’s chagrin. What? I’m working on it!
6. How was I to know that baking two dozen of those Guinness cupcakes was a bit of overkill? I got so caught up in the awesomeness of baking (and decorating!) with alcohol that I just kept filling the cups.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a crazy food experiment in which I try to make spaghetti carbonara with no cheese (it might get a little hairy, I’m not going to lie), tomorrow my plans include visiting a couple of wineries with our friends Davemanda and meeting another set of friends’ new baby, and Sunday, I want to get some schoolwork done! Ambitious, I know, as there will be basketball on…and I am not so big on eating frogs, though I really enjoy the phrase.