I know, I know…I still have to bring the Whip It Up goodness to blog-town, but believe me when I say that this week has been just short of madness. Apparently, I find sending out 25 engagement party invitations very, very overwhelming. Oh, and I am working two jobs. So shut up. Now, for the comeback of the Friday Fill-Ins:
1. I believe whatever doesn’t kill you makes for great cocktail party stories. As long as it’s that kind of party.
2. If you’re good at something, let it show! For instance, I am good at procrastinating, making little comments, baking, and playing FreeCell. You’re welcome, world.
3. Why so many people in California use the left lane for driving rather than passing is beyond me. Being that my longer of the two job commutes is along a mountainous, two-lane highway, this drives me completely insane.
4. Something is out there, it’s that gardenia that I bought before we went to Paris and has since withered. I’m convinced I can somehow resurrect it, though! Any advice? It’s so sad and yellow right now…
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled Tea and Cake Time. I realize this sounds more like a talk show, but I am feeling lazy and, hello, it’s my blog name! What is not to love about that? Oh, and if my life were a sitcom, there would be nary a laugh track, and we would have to think long and hard before any spinoffs occurred.
6. Sitting on my back porch I see my sad little gardenia, my more-thriving palm tree and star jasmine, our complex’s pool, and some screamy kids playing outside. What, still summer vacation?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to arriving in Roseville at the home of GP’s friend (mostly due to the fabulous Peju we’ll be drinking), tomorrow my plans include hanging out at the pool of the aforementioned friend and not thinking/worrying too much about upcoming wedding/school madness, and Sunday, I want to see my uncles on the way home. Rumor has it that there will be ribs and corn on the cob!
What are you up to this weekend, internets?