(Not that my life is that terrible, I swear! Today was pretty great, though– I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.)
1. Idle hands are either baked goods, or a good, long Girls Next Door mini-marathon on Tivo (Bridget is my favorite– don’t judge me!) waiting to happen,
2. I love exfoliating and singing in the shower.
3. My favorite time of the day is when I first get home from work and pour the first glass of wine, feeling the weight of the day slide off my back. (Feeling so weighty today, aren’t I?)
4. The last tea I drank was some Breakfast Americana that I had this morning. Coffee has been making my stomach angry recently, and tea never does, so it is my morning beverage of choice these days.
5. I like to read outside on our balcony, slathered with SPF 45 in the Summer. Yes, I am pale and nerdy in all seasons!
6. My mother always said, “Beauty is not quick, easy, or painless.” And you know what? She was right. My mom is one smart lady.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting creative with dinner (we are out of obvious meal makings, and I am refusing to grocery shop before we leave town) and buying a brand new suitcase (!!!), tomorrow my plans include a trip up to the City to visit some friends and do some drinking, and Sunday, I want to laugh until I hurt as I watch America’s Funniest Videos. Now you know my secret shame, internets.
Oh, and to clarify the travel plans in the preceding post– we are going to NY strictly for GP’s sister’s Big Fat Armenian Wedding and related festivities (into EWR on the day of the rehearsal, hanging out with family, then doing the whole wedding thing), and then heading to Paris a day or so later. NYC activities, I’m afraid, are out. But– if you have a good response to the “So when are you guys getting married?” question, fire away. I don’t want to have one too many drinks and end up punching some defenseless aunt.