Really, I have no great excuse for being a terrible, terrible blogger when it comes to new posts this week. I have been completely wiped out this entire week, having had a very fun, very event-filled Memorial Day weekend (the short version: GP’s graduation and ensuing luncheon and dinner, trip out to Half Moon Bay, and then some Santa Cruz Mountain wine tasting), and developed this sleep thing where my body likes to wake up around 5:30a rather than a more reasonable time. Blame stress, blame activity, blame earlier sunrises…I am just exhausted. But not too exhausted, it turns out, too do some Friday Fill-Ins!
1. For me, data entry is the opposite of creativity. I was recently reminded of a summer job that I had while home from college one summer, in which I learned that one truly can spend too much time reading gossip blogs– in between soul-crushingly boring sales data entry. Thanks, though, stepdad, for employing me when no one else was interested in a motivated and organized UCLA sophomore! Seriously, that job, though…
2. Heat, by Bill Buford was the last excellent book I read. The foodie nerd in me relished (ha!) every word of his descriptions of working in various kitchens in NYC and Italy, and made me envious that I may never get to do the same. But at least it’s not data entry, right?
3. I like fill-ins because sometimes there is simultaneously too much and too little interesting crap going on in one’s life to be able to craft a well-thought-out post.
4. In nature I like looking at the ocean. Luckily, I get to do so fairly often, and am always mesmerized by it, to the point of being completely dazed.
5. Obama should win the US elections. …but that’s an entirely different post. We can still be friends if you disagree, though, I promise. I don’t want to shy away from talking politics, but I just don’t have the energy right now.
6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was at The Office last night. Yeah, yeah, it was a rerun, but Michael Scott rarely disappoints. Well, actually, that is untrue. But the disappointment is the funny kind, so I am all right with that.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to drinking some wine and watching the rest of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (thanks, dvr!), tomorrow my plans include checking out a new pedicure venue (and potentially the place that I want to do a hair trial before GP’s sister’s wedding) and Sunday, I want to have the obligatory weekly dinner with my mom and stepdad! (In reality, I may end up skipping it because I have to go to a conference for work in the afternoon…but we’ll see)
Have a great weekend, internets! I promise that I’ll be more interesting soon…