Yeah, I just rocked your face off with my Spanish skills. Let’s move on, shall we?
1. The last time I lost my temper, I was probably annoyed with GP for not doing something for me. Wait, that makes me sound like a crazy person; let me amend this to say that he either left the toothpaste in the wrong bathroom or refused to clean up
something that was “mine,” even though it was part of a chore he was doing. Truthfully, I do not really “lose my temper”…ever. There is usually only glaring and maybe some degree of slamming around, then we’re back to normals after about four minutes.
2. Passive-aggressive management is what I’m fed up with! See: earlier posts from this week. We will not be talking about it anymore, because it makes me pensive in a bad way.
3. The next book I’d like to read is Proust and the Squid. Although this is a cheating-answer, because I started it about two months ago, and just haven’t found my way back into it yet. So, officially, it is the book I’d like to finish next. I am also welcoming any book suggestions. Oh! Has anyone read I Was Told There Would Be Cake? I am hearing good-ish things about it.
4. My two-day work week next week, and Odyssey to the South are what I’m looking forward to. Cannot wait! We leave Wednesday for Atlanta, drive to Charleston on Friday, and then are back to Atlanta on Saturday…with a baseball game, trip to the aquarium, and wedding in between! I cannot promise any great blog action, but will probably bring my computer, so we’ll see what happens.
5. If you can’t get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet, buy them funny wigs and put them in your living room! That way, you will have a couple great conversation pieces that you can discuss before things get too awkward with houseguests. Really, having a sense of humor about the skeletons is the best way to go.
6. The best thing I got in the mail recently was a magazine trifecta today! I am a compulsive magazine-subscriber, and today, Allure, Real Simple, and Self arrived. Looks like my weekend is booked!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to making Cook’s Country beef teriyaki and watching a movie with GP, tomorrow my plans include going to my mom and stepdad’s house to wash my car and weed through some stuff I have there, and bring back an amount small enough that GP will let me bring it into the apartment (I think he is hoping for an amount like “nothing”), and Sunday, I want to go to a Bridal Fair/Extravaganza with a friend! Yes, it’s true, I have engagement/wedding envy. I get to pretend to be her maid of honor, and there will be a fashion show (but probably not at lunch).
What are you up to this weekend, internets?